You take that your wonderful ring in gold and precious stones or the Alliance of your marriage, you see that with time the gold gets dirty.
Although gold doesn’t tarnish is of extreme importance the care and conservation. See How to save your gold and jewelry here.
Based on ejewelry.website, it brings you 5 ways about how to clean gold jewelry.
Cleaning with detergent
- The first step is to prepare a bit of warm water and mix a few drops of detergent and mix gently. Tip: You can use water with gas without sodium or club soda. The carbonation helps loosen dirt and remove debris.
- soak the jewel of gold in a solution made in the previous step and wait for about 15 minutes.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to scrub each piece of jewelry. Don’t forget to make it very subtly. In addition, do not use hard bristle because the surface of your piece of jewelry of gold can scratch.
- Again with warm water, wash the jewel and use a soft cloth to dry.
- This is an effective method, but that should not be used frequently. Ammonia can also darken Platinum, damaging some jewelry.
- Make the following mix: one part ammonia to six water. The amount you can control, in compliance with the measure.
- soak the jewelry in mixture and allow no more than about a minute. Use a strainer to remove the piece quickly.
- wash the jewel and dry with a soft polishing cloth.
Clean jewelry with stones
- Pieces of jewelry that have bonded stones cannot be submerged in water. So the first step is to clean them with a cloth dampened with detergent, but with enough finesse.
- Then replace the cloth by a moistened with water and “Wash” the jewel, removing SOAP and waste that still remained. Don’t forget the subtlety, the jewels are fragile and expensive!
- After the clean well the jewel, put the parts upside down so that any remaining moisture does not reach the stones.
Clean jewelry with toothpaste
- A very common and widely used by people is to clean jewelry with toothpaste. Actually works, but should be applied in gold jewelry used with greater frequency.
- 1 toothbrush old.
- 1 toothpaste
- Use an old toothbrush with freckles already worn and toothpaste to gently rub the jewel and remove dirt. You can also use the toothpaste applied to a cloth to Polish the item. This method will leave a perfect mirror finish, but will also spend the play.
- After scrub, rinse in clean water.
Clean jewelry with hot water
This is a quiet way to clean your jewellery and used too!
If you need to remove oil, grease or wax your gold piece, boil it in water. While the item is submerged in water, neither he and nor its stones be prejudiced. Oil, grease and wax will float to the surface.
There you go! Your jewelry can now be cleaned as best and always very carefully!
Also read our post about How to keep jewelry
Tips and warnings:
- You can remove the toughest grease of your gold jewelry by dipping it in rubbing alcohol (unless the precious stones are glued).
- Remember that you can always take your jewelry to a professional.
- Keep your gold jewelry in a way to avoid scratches. Each piece should be stored in your own cloth bag.
- Do not use bleach. In fact, do not expose your jewelry to any type of chlorine, since they may end up getting washed out.
- If you have a gold ring with a diamond or any other stone, make sure the teeth are not damaged and that your stone is in no danger of going out.
Liked it? Then share with your friends!
HOW TO: clean fashion jewelry with one household product …
Cleaning a tarnished 14K gold necklace
Outstanding jewelry repair services in Virginia Beach
Half Circle Necklace
14k Luminous Large Single Pearl Drop Pendant Necklace from …
Caring for Emerald Rings, How to Clean Emerald Jewelry at …
Gucci Diamond Gold Band Ring at 1stdibs
Tiffany T wire bracelet in 18k rose gold with diamonds …
10 Best Metal Engraving Machines
Ted Baker Bow Stud Earrings in Metallic
Solitaire fine string tuners for Violin and Viola
25 White Interior Doors Ideas For Your Interior Design …
My Room Tour
Como limpar joias de ouro. 5 Dicas para você aprender …
5 Ways to Clean Gold Jewelry
Video: How to Clean Gold Jewelry
Gold Jewelry: Luxury How to Clean Gold tone Jewelry How To …
5 Fantastic Ways To Clean Gold Jewelry